2018 / Dec / 13 Posted at A Line Taxis
Cineworld Cinema - Bedford History
Prior to being branded with the name of the leading cinema chain company, Bedford cinemas were already present under various names in Bedfordshire.
The history of Bedford Cinema started from December 20th, 1990 when the 6-screen Canon cinema was opened to the Bedford public. At the time, the entire institution project was led by Cineplex Odeon Group, before this, it was known as Canon Cinemas (formerly Granada Cinema).
Five years later (July 1995), Virgin Group acquired the rights of the cinema and renamed it with Virgin Cinema. Unofficial sources state that the Virgin Cinemas were also acquired by MGM cinemas.
After successfully running for ten-years, Virgin Cinema underwent another re-branding and was bought by the foremost cinema chain Cineworld Cinemas in 2005. They completely revamped the cinema with expansion in seating arrangement (336, down to 191).
- Bedford Cinema Address – Aspects Leisure Park, Newnham Avenue, Bedford, Bedfordshire, UK
- Bedford Cinema Postcode – MK41 9LW
- Bedford Cinema Phone Number – +44 871 200 2000
- Bedford Cinema Opening Times – 12 AM to Last Screening of the movie that could be anytime before 12 PM from Monday to Sunday
How to get to Bedford Cinema?
Here’s the list of public transport for getting to and from Bedford Cinema:
Travel by Train
Bedford Train Station is few minutes away from the Cinema, people coming to Bedford for the first time can glance over the following directions:
- After reaching Bedford Station, Take right to Ashburnham Road
- Go straight and take left and then right following the A5141 Midland Road
- Take a left from Prebend Street Surface Car Park to continue on St John’s St.
- Travel straight, crossing Cardington Road roundabout to reach Longholme Way
- On Longholme Way, you will see Cineworld Cinema Bedford on the right after crossing River Great Ouse
Travel by Car
If you’re coming to Bedford on car, then upon reaching the M1 Motorway, go straight to j13 and follow Bedford lanes, A421 Bedford Road
- Travel straight on Woburn Road and from roundabout take the second exit to enter A421
- Continue straight and take the first exit from next roundabout to enter A6 Winstead Road
- From Next roundabout, take the exit to enter A5140 Rope Walk, and turn left to straight travel on the Embankment lane.
- Then take three rights: first on Tennyson Road, second on Kingsley Road, and third on A5140 Newnham Avenue, you’ve reached Bedford Cinema
Travel by Taxi
One of the best and most affordable ways to reach the Bedford Cinema is by taxi. You can request taxi to Bedford Cinema Cineworld from Bedford Station only in £7 with Bedford Taxis.